At Reno and Sparks Massage & Reflexology, we offer reflexology in combination with massage to gain the best benefits for you.
Reflexology is an alternative massage practice involving the application of pressure to specific points on the feet and hands that benefits other areas of the body. The theory is that these areas correspond to organs and systems of the body. Several studies indicate that reflexology relieves pain and boosts feelings of wellbeing that makes it easier for people to manage their conditions.
Since having the hands and feet massaged and rubbed is an enjoyable and relaxing experience for most people, there is little doubt that foot and hand reflexology promotes wellbeing, pain relief and stress relief in much the same way that other massages do.
Reflexology applies pressure on the “reflex areas” on the feet and hands that are connected energetically to specific body parts and organs within the body, these energy channels are used to remove energy blockages and promote healing in those areas of the body.
- The Tips of the Toes Reflect the Head.
- The Ball of the Foot Connects to the Heart and Chest.
- The Arch of the Foot is Connected to the Liver, Pancreas and Kidneys.
- The Heel is Connected to the Lower Back and Intestines.
According to Reflexologists, pressure on the reflex points also helps to stimulate the release of endorphins, balance the nervous system, promotes healing and helps to reduce pain and stress.
Our clients use reflexology to help with the following conditions:
- Stress and Stress Related Conditions
- Tension Headaches and Migraines
- Digestive Disorder
- Hormonal Imbalance
* There is no convincing scientific evidence that reflexology is effective for any medical condition. Results may vary.